- While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050
to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.
Spring weather has finally arrived in Boston! Although April showers are hopefully behind us and we have May flowers to look forward to, it’s important not to forget about safe driving. April is National Distracted Driving Awareness Month, started last year to help decrease the risks of car accidents in Massachusetts and elsewhere. On September 30, 2010, the Commonwealth initiated the Safe Driving Act – an act that forbids texting while driving for adult drivers and completely bans the use of cell phones while behind the wheel for 16 and 17 year old drivers. Here are some facts you may not be aware of:
- 93% of the US population has a cellphone; at any given time, 10% of drivers are actively talking on their cell phones
- Using a cell phone while driving makes you four times more likely to be involved in an accident
- Nearly 20% of all reported car accidents were caused by distracted driving. In fact, in 2005, there were nearly 5,500 fatalities and more than 448,000 injuries caused by distracted drivers
For a complete list of safe driving tips from the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, visit: http://www.mass.gov/rmv/jol/drivingTips.htm
– Marissa Goldstein, Insurance Broker, Aronson Insurance: Marissa@aronsoninsurance.com