- While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050
to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.
Posted on March 27, 2020
Below, please find some important temporary modifications the Registry of Motor Vehicles has asked us to share with our clients.
60-Day Extensions are being provided for the following items:
- Registration Renewals
- Vehicle Safety Inspections
- New vehicles will also get 60 days to be inspected
- Licenses & IDs
Registry location updates:
- The Boston, Brockton, Fall River, Lawrence, Pittsfield, Plymouth, Springfield, Worcester locations are open.
- For the best service, go to www.mass.gov/rmv to set a 15 minute appointment. This will also direct you if there is an alternative way to handle your transaction.
- There is a strict “no walk-in” policy. You must have an appointment.
- No processing of Class D or Motorcycle licenses are being done at this time!
It is important to know, the registry is still revoking registrations if the insurance on the vehicle cancels. While they are continuing to discuss this policy, if you have any issues regarding payments or a pending cancellation, do not let your insurance cancel if at all possible. Due to the pandemic, most carriers are being flexible with payments and late fees. Please contact us if you are unable to make your usual payments during this time so we can assist you.
The Federal Government has also postponed, by a year, the requirement to obtain a Real ID.
From all of us at Aronson Insurance, we hope you and your families are remaining safe and healthy. We are here to help if there is any assistance we can provide.