- While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050
to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.
Occupancy Limit Clarification
Posted on June 10, 2020
We wanted to share a little clarity on interpreting the mandatory requirement that all Massachusetts businesses, even those deemed essential, limit their office to “25% occupancy”.
According to the state’s written safety standards, the 25% can be based on EITHER of the following:
- The maximum occupancy limits set for your building/space per code. Please note, this is the occupancy limit set in your certificate of occupancy.
- Your business’ typical occupancy as of March 1, 2020.
Since either interpretation is acceptable, using the first methodology (25% of the maximum occupancy) should allow most businesses greater leeway in staffing the office.
- “Non-essential” businesses must comply with this occupancy limit immediately upon opening their doors.
- “Essential” businesses have until July 1 to comply.
- If the 25% occupancy limitation interferes with the continued delivery of your critical service, you can seek an exception from your local Board of Health.
Like all things COVID-19, changes are happening constantly. We are sharing information we hope you find helpful and relevant. Our communications are also posted onto our Website Newsroom at https://aronsoninsurance.com/category/news-and-press-releases/.
Stay safe and let us know if we can be of assistance.