Posted on March 27, 2020
60-Day Extensions are being provided for the following items:
- Registration Renewals
- Vehicle Safety Inspections
- New vehicles will also get 60 days to be inspected
- Licenses & IDs
- The Boston, Brockton, Fall River, Lawrence, Pittsfield, Plymouth, Springfield, Worcester locations are open.
- For the best service, go to www.mass.gov/rmv to set a 15 minute appointment. This will also direct you if there is an alternative way to handle your transaction.
- There is a strict “no walk-in” policy. You must have an appointment.
- No processing of Class D or Motorcycle licenses are being done at this time!
It is important to know, the registry is still revoking registrations if the insurance on the vehicle cancels. While they are continuing to discuss this policy, if you have any issues regarding payments or a pending cancellation, do not let your insurance cancel if at all possible. Due to the pandemic, most carriers are being flexible with payments and late fees. Please contact us if you are unable to make your usual payments during this time so we can assist you.
The Federal Government has also postponed, by a year, the requirement to obtain a Real ID.