- While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050
to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.
MA Registry of Motor Vehicles Cautions against Unofficial Websites
The MA RMV is cautioning consumers to make sure that they are using the official MassDOT RMV website http://www.mass.gov/rmv when they are trying to renew a license or registration, schedule a road test, or process any transaction online. Customers may inadvertently come across unofficial third-party websites or “mimic sites” that advertise similar services but have no affiliation with the RMV.
How can you tell if you are visiting a mimic site? Here are some helpful tips about what to look for:
- Massachusetts uses the abbreviation “RMV.” Any website using the phrase “Department of Motor Vehicle” or “DMV” should be avoided.
- Make sure the Commonwealth’s seal is located somewhere on the page. This will help ensure that is it an official government website. If it cannot be found, customers should leave the site immediately.
- The Registry will never charge a customer to check the status of a license, registration or title. If the site requires payment to access this information, it is an unsecured mimic site.
- At www.mass.gov/rmv , a customer will never be charged to access Registry forms and information, but unofficial third-party sites may charge for this service. Their information is also not guaranteed to be accurate.
- The Registry never charged for address changes. If a customer uses a mimic site, the change cannot be guaranteed to have actually gone though.