- While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050
to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.
How to Reduce Your Massachusetts Auto Insurance Premium
Massachusetts has seen a steady increase in insurance rates over the last several years—particularly in home and auto insurance. As Massachusetts continues to provide a wider range of insurance options to its residents, many of our clients have asked if there are ways they can reduce the premiums of their current insurance plans.
Ways to Reduce Your Massachusetts Auto Premium
- The biggest discount available is a result of combining your auto insurance policy with your homeowners, condo, or renters insurance and umbrella policy.
- If you have a youthful operator (commonly defined as having less than 6 years of experience) in your household, there are three discounts available:
- Good Student Discount – typically for youthful drivers enrolled in school fulltime with a B average or a 3.0 GPA
- Student Away At School – if the driver is living away at a school more than 100 miles without access to a vehicle while away
- Advanced Drivers Education Discount – for youthful operators who have participated in an advanced drivers training (such as driveincontrol.org)
- Increasing your collision and comprehensive deductibles will result in a lower insurance premium. This is especially true in your current collision deductible is $300 or $500.
- If you have a roadside assistance program, your Towing & Labor or Roadside assistance coverage on your policy may not be necessary.
- If you would not need to rent a car for a couple of weeks in the event you were in an accident or your car was stolen and damaged you could consider dropping your Substitute Transportation or Rental Reimbursement coverage. This could be if you can use public transportation, car pool to work, or have a vehicle more rarely used.
- Inquire about discounts for “going green” by getting your bills and other documents electronically. You may also be able to get a discount or reduce/avoid monthly fees by going onto an automatic bill pay plan.
- If you are an existing Aronson Insurance client, contact your dedicated account manager to do a full policy review to make sure you have the appropriate coverage in place at the best possible price. If you are not yet an Aronson client, contact us today to do the same for you!
Leading Insurance Agency in Massachusetts
As a leading insurance agent in the state, Aronson Insurance has been serving Massachusetts residents for 100 years! If you’re looking to improve your auto insurance plan, our staff of licensed insurance agents will create a coverage solution to suit your current and future fiscal needs. To schedule a consultation, call us today at 781-444-3050.