COVID-19 Notice - While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050 to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.

Contrary to what many believe, standard Homeowners insurance policies do not cover flood damage. Even a moderate thunderstorm can cause flooding in areas with subpar drainage.  A major house floodstorm can cause flooding where is hasn’t occurred for … generations.  This is why it’s so important for everyone to at least consider Flood Insurance.

If you live in a designated flood zone, you need flood insurance. Even if you do not, however, flooding can happen in inland areas and away from major bodies of water. If your home could be flooded by rapidly melting snow, an overflowing creek or retention pond, or runoff from a steep hill, consider investing in flood insurance.

Homeowners can purchase flood insurance, but it is a separate policy from standard Homeowners coverage. If you live in a flood-prone area, don’t wait for the rainy season or a severe storm warning to buy your policy, as there is a 30-day waiting period before the coverage takes effect after purchase.

Unsure if your home is in a flood zone? Head over to and enter your address, it will tell you your property’s flood risk, and the site is full of other helpful information.

Don’t underestimate the damage that a flood can do. Just one inch of water is enough to cause significant property damage. Everything on the first level of your home, including the walls and equipment, may be ruined.

Already an Aronson client? Speak with your account manager about adding flood coverage to your existing portfolio.

To see how Aronson Insurance can help protect you and your family, call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 781-444-3050, or click here to get a quote today.