Are You Ready for Some Football?!?!?!!!!!
Here are facts about this weekend’s match-up:
- This is the Patriots 9th AFC Championship game and second straight against the Baltimore Ravens. (We beat them 23-20 in last year’s game)
- The Patriots are 5-1 all-time against the Ravens in Foxborough, including 4-1 @ Gillette Stadium.
- The first meeting between these two teams was on October 6, 1996, where the Pats won 46-38. The 84 total points scored by both teams in that game rank as the second-highest total number of points in a game in Pats history.
- The Patriots have a 7-1 record in AFC Championship Games, including a 4-0 record at home overall and a 3-0 record at Gillette Stadium.
- Brady needs 4 more postseason touchdowns to move Past Joe Montana and Brett Favre for the all-time lead.
- With a win this weekend, the Patriots will advance to their 8th Super Bowl, matching Dallas and Pittsburgh for the most Super Bowl appearances.
- And if the Pats win this weekend, they will be the 8th Super Bowl team to return to the Super Bowl after suffering a loss at the Super Bowl the previous year.
- As it stands… the Patriots now have a 14-3 (.824)all time record in home playoff games. Let’s hope it continues this weekend!