Personal Lines Account Manager
A Personal Lines Account Manager is our main service provider for our clients. They are responsible to retain and grow their assigned book of business with assistance from support staff and management. General responsibilities include:
- Acts as the primary contact with assigned personal insurance clients. Establishes & maintains a strong relationship and makes periodic decisions on account updates and covergaes.
- Reviews exposures and current insurance program for assigned clients. Determines if current carrier is the best fit for the client taking coverage, protection, and cost effectiveness into consideration.
- Works with producers with the development and decisions about plans of action and coverages for new accounts.
- For prospects, works with producers to market, quote, and prepare the proposal for the client from both a risk management and insurance prospective to decide upon the “best” way to manage the customer’s risks.
- Provides day-today service, anticipate customer’s needs and respond to client questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Handles the initial reporting of claims. Follow up to ensure that the claim is properly progressing & customers’ needs are being met.
- Monitors carrier activities to make sure that they are fulfilling their responsibilities to the customer (i.e.: policies & endorsements quoted & accurately issued on a timely basis, claims being handled properly & on a timely and accurate basis)
- Completes Account Reviews per office guidelines. Attempts to round-out each customer’s insurance portfolio including the solicitation of additional personal lines or business insurance where applicable. Also asks for new client referrals.
- Maintains customer’s records in accordance with office procedures, including detailed logs of telephone conversations. Make sure producer is kept abreast of activity on the account
- Keeps customers up to date on “pending changes” in the insurance world that may impact their insurance coverage.
- Coordinates and assists in the training of Assistant Acct Managers
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by agency management.
Minimum 3-5 years of insurance industry prior experience
Minimum College Associate’s Degree
Maintains MA P & C License
Obtained CISR Designation
Pursues Insurance Industry additional designation as part of maintaining CEU’s.
Proficient in the use of Windows programs including Outlook, Word and Excel