- While our office remains open via phone call, we are currently working remotely. We are available at 781.444.3050
to assist you. If you do need to meet we are available by appointment by giving us a call. This will allow us to determine the appropriate steps to set up a meeting that is safe for all.
A New Hotel In Boston… For Dogs!
We are so excited for our client, The Urban Hound, who was featured on the front page of the Boston Globe! The article, “Opulent digs arise in Hub strictly for the 4-legged set,” talks about how the Hub has become a world class city for … dogs! Our client, The Urban Hound, is one of three new luxury boutique dog hotels and day-care centers in the area, complete with spas, flat-screen TV’s, airy room and even beds for the dogs.
With 91% of owners calling their pets a member of the family, it is important to know if your pets are covered under your homeowners or renters insurance policies. Here are five interesting things to be aware of:
- In 2005, there were $317.2 million in insurance claims resulting from dog bites.
- Most homeowner and renters insurance policies provide coverage for medical bills arising from dogs bites if the dog has been disclosed to them. Make sure you list your animal on your homeowners application.
- Most homeowners insurance companies will provide coverage if you have a dog. However, you probably will not be able to obtain a standard policy if you have any of the following types of dog: Akitas, Chows, Doberman Pinschers, German Shepherds, Great Danes, Malamutes, American Pit Bull Terriers, Rottweilers, Saint Bernards, Siberian Huskies and wolf hybrids.
- Be smart about your dog – minimize the risk of a dog bite: fence in your yard and always keep your dog on a leash.
- Pet insurance is available. These health plans can cover up to 90% of your vet bills. To find a plan in Massachusetts, visit: http://www.petinsurancefinder.com/massachusetts.html
– Kevin P. Forgett, Aronson Insurance
Kevin@AronsonInsurance.com, 617-965-3030 x-122